SCIENCE SUPPLEMENTS COMPLETE ELECTROLYTES
An extra gentle electrolyte that is specifically designed for all horses in work, which can help them to perform to their highest standards. Highly palatable and fully balanced this is a fantastic product for replacing the electrolytes the horse loses during exercise. Loss of electrolytes can severely limit the horse's performance during competitions and choosing less palatable electrolytes can irritate the stomach and intestines. Electrolytes aid the nerve, digestive, muscle, kidney, lung and heart function and help to maintain normal hydration. Can be used regularly as well as during competition.
- For all horses in work
- Contains all the key electrolytes sodium, chloride, potassium, calcium and magnesium
- For sustained performance
- Extra gentle for your horse's stomach using Micro Encapsulation TechnologyTM
- Powder: 500KG horse in moderate horse: 1.5 scoops daily (A scoop is 28G and contains: 4.1g Sodium, 7.7g Chloride, , 1.7g Potassium, 0.1g Magnesium and 0.1g Calcium)
- Syringe: 500KG horse: 1 syringe is 1 dose. A syringe is 60G and contains: Sodium 10g; Chloride 19g; Potassium 3.8g; Calcium 0.3g; Magnesium 0.1g
One litre of horse sweat contains around 3.5g of sodium, 6g of chloride, 1.2g of potassium and 0.1g of calcium. A horse can easily lose 5 litres of sweat each hour on a normal day at a moderate pace which equates to the loss of around 50g of electrolytes. This amount would not be replaced by the horses’ normal daily hay and hard feed alone.
We manufacture two types of electrolytes. Safe Salt for horses in light work or rest and Complete Electrolytes for horses in work.
Our electrolytes are unique. We use a technology called Micro Encapsulation. This means the electrolytes do not dissolve in the stomach but dissolve in the small intestine where electrolyte uptake is optimal, and is both palatable and gentle on the stomach unlike ordinary electrolytes.
Lack of key electrolytes is a common cause of poor performance and feeding a balanced electrolyte supplement is vital to maintaining peak health.